Curried butternut squash soup
Recipe by:Ellie Krieger
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (1.1kg) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1.4L low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp curry powder, plus 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more, to taste
- 15g honey
- 20g low-fat natural yoghurt, for garnish
Serves: 4 servings (1 serving is 350ml)1) Heat oil over medium heat in a 6L stockpot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about six to seven minutes. Add the butternut squash, broth, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 mins. Remove from heat stir in honey and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
2) Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yoghurt.