Herby Butternut Squash Salad
- 1 pack cubed butternut squash, store-bought
- 60g wild rocket, washed
- 2 cups couscous
- 75g Feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25g butter
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 80ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley
- Small bunch mint
- Small bunch chives, plus extra for garnish
- Pinches of salt and pepper
1. Microwave butternut squash cubes for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Pour boiling water over couscous to cover it by about a centimeter and cover in plastic wrap and leave to site for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan and sauté butternut until golden brown all over, about 5 minutes.
4. To make the vinaigrette add all ingredients to a mini food processor and blitz together. Alternatively, finely chop the herbs and mix everything in a small bowl.
5. Assemble the salad. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add the roasted squash, wild rocket, vinaigrette, honey and toss.
6. Tip onto serving platter, sprinkle over feta and snip over chives.