Roasted winter squash with Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium butternut squash, or other winter squash (about 680g), rinsed
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30 to 55g Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2) Peel the squash if desired. Halve the squash and scoop out and discard the seeds and strings. Cut into 2-cm wedges.
3) Brush a roasting tin lightly with some of the butter. In a medium bowl, toss the squash with the remaining butter and season with the salt. Spread out in the tin and roast for about 30 minutes. Turn the wedges over with a pancake-style spatula and continue to roast until tender and browned, about 30 minutes more.
4) Transfer the squash to an ovenproof serving dish, season with pepper to taste and sprinkle with the cheese, while still hot, to melt slightly (if needed, return the squash to the oven to melt the cheese). Serve.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, GP. All rights reserved