Roasted winter vegetables
- 500g carrots, peeled
- 500g parsnips, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 3 tbsps good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2) Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 2-3cm cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
3) Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
4) Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.