Southeast Asian slow cooked winter vegetables
- 1.35kg butternut squash, unpeeled, quartered, and cut into 5cm chunks
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 5cm chunks
- 300g shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 bunch spring onions (green and white parts separated), cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 (400ml) cans coconut milk
- 375ml water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sambal oelek, or other Asian chilli paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g coriander leaves, roughly chopped for garnish
- 25g salted peanuts, roughly chopped for garnish
2) Whisk the coconut milk, water, soy sauce, sambal and salt together in a bowl and then pour over the vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until tender.
3) Evenly divide the vegetables and broth into warm bowls. Scatter the spring onion greens, coriander and peanuts on top and serve.