Long Beach coleslaw
- 30ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, cleaned and cut into 0.25cm julienne
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 225g red wine vinegar
- 2 iceberg lettuce heads, cleaned and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 340g blue cheese dressing, thick and chunky
2) Add the cabbage, pepper, salt and vinegar. Mix thoroughly, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
3) Remove to a bowl and leave to chill in the refrigerator until cool.
4) Add the iceberg lettuce to a large salad bowl and toss with blue cheese dressing.
5) Strain the cabbage mixture of any liquid and lightly mix with the lettuce and blue cheese dressing. Add pepper, to taste.