New Orleans coleslaw
- 1 head white or savoy cabbage (about 900g before trimming)
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 spring onions
- 235g best quality, preferably organic, store-bought mayonnaise
- 60ml buttermilk
- 40g maple syrup
- 10g apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g pecans, fairly finely chopped
2) Peel and grate the carrots, and finely slice the celery and spring onions.
3) Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, maple syrup and vinegar and coat the shredded vegetables with this dressing.
4) Season with salt and pepper and toss with the chopped nuts.