Ty's Thai Salad
- For the Thai Salad
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- One 10-ounce bag shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- For the Sweet Lime and Coriander Dressing
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely sliced
1. For the Thai salad, in a large serving bowl, toss the cabbages, cucumber, edamame, carrots and green onions.
2. For the sweet lime and coriander dressing, put the oil, coriander, sugar, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large blender and blend until smooth.
3. Top each serving of salad with 2 tablespoons of the sweet lime and coriander dressing and 2 slices of avocado for garnish.
Cook's Note: You can also 2 add boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chilled and thinly sliced.