Pan-fried Onion Dip
- 2 large yellow onions
- 60g unsalted butter
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 110g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 120ml sour cream
- 120ml good mayonnaise
2) Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
3) Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the onions, reserving a small amount for the garnish, and mix well. Season to taste. Garnish with the reserved onions and serve at room temperature.