- 175g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or caster sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 55g buttery spread*
- 500g single cream cheese
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 300g dark chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4. Double wrap the outside of a 20cm spring-form cake tin in cling film.
2. Mix together the crushed biscuits and cocoa powder. Melt the buttery spread and golden syrup in a small pan or in the microwave and stir into the crushed biscuits until combined. Press into the base of the tin and chill for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the cream cheese until soft in a food processor (or with an electric hand mixer). Gradually add the condensed milk and then add the remaining ingredients. Beat until very smooth. Gently pour the mixture over the set biscuit base.
4. Sit the cheesecake in a roasting tin. Pour very hot water into the roasting tin to come halfway up the sides of the cake tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour. Turn off the oven, without opening the door, and leave for 1 hour to set. Cool and then chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the tin and serve.
*Recipe based on 70% fat buttery spread
Recipe courtesy of Carnation