Lonestar state cheesecake
Recipe by:Sunny Anderson
- 400g cinnamon flavoured biscuit/cracker crumbs
- 90 to 120g butter, melted
- 1kg cream cheese, softened
- 250g caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 30ml lemon juice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 450ml sour cream
- 350g blueberries
- 350g strawberries, sliced
- Special Equipment: 23cm springform pan
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/Gas 6.
2) In a food processor blend crumbs and melted butter until moist, but not wet. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
3) In a large bowl, using an electric beater, combine the cream cheese, 200g sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and the lemon juice, until light and smooth. Slowly mix in eggs then pour into the prepared base.
4) Bake 55 minutes or until the center sets. Turn off oven and remove cake.
5) In a medium bowl mix together sour cream, 50g sugar and vanilla. Spread this over the top of the cheesecake and return to the warm oven for 30 minutes.
6) Remove then let cool to room temperature before removing springform.
7) Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss together blueberries and sliced strawberries with remaining sugar.
8) To serve, slice the cheesecake into wedges and garnish with fruit.