White Chocolate and Rose Infused Cheesecake
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 30g butter
- 250g of white chocolate
- 150g cream cheese
- 40g of caster sugar
- 75ml of double cream
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries, crushed
- Edible rose petals
- A few drops of pink food colouring
- Sprinkle of white chocolate
The Springhill Cricket Club created this delicious, fruity cheesecake in the 2014 Yorkshire Tea Great Cricket Tea Challenge in just 20 minutes!
1. Place biscuits in a blender and crush until fine in texture.
2. Place butter in pan and melt slowly over heat.
3. Once butter is melted add the crushed biscuits and stir well together.
4. Pour the biscuit mixture in a cake tin or pastry cutting ring.
5. With a back of the spoon spread the mixture in the cake tin equally and flatten well.
6. Place the tin in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool thoroughly.
7. Place the cream cheese, sugar, melted white chocolate and rose water in a mixing bowl and beat well together.
8. Once the biscuit mixture has cooled thoroughly, spread the crushed strawberries over the top.
9. Then gently pour the cream cheese mixture over the top.
10. Spread evenly and return to fridge to cool.
11. Once cooled and set, drop a few drops of pink food colouring and form a pattern with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle rose petals and white chocolate sprinkle and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Yorkshire Tea