In the box:
- Firecracker sauce
- Soy and red miso sauce
- Chinese five spice
- 4 chicken thighs, de-boned
- 1 big or 2 small blood red oranges, peeled & cut in half
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 100g dried rice noodles
- 1 baby gem lettuce, chopped
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with the five spice. Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally. Then add the firecracker sauce and a tablespoon of water and turn off the heat.
2. Submerge the rice noodles in boiling water and stir vigorously. After 3 minutes drain the noodles, holding back a couple tablespoons of cooking water and add them to the chicken. Add all the other fresh ingredients to the chicken as well and stir thoroughly. Then add the soy and red miso sauce and stir the mixture well so that all ingredients are covered in sauce.
3. Divide the mixture between 2 plates and get stuck in!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com