American Chilli con Carne
- 500g Specially Selected British Angus beef mince
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Dried Mixed Herbs
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cumin
- 1 Beef Quixo Stock Cube, dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 400g Sweet Harvest Chunky Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 400g Sweet Harvest Red Kidney Beans
- 1 dessert spoon tomato puree
- 1 300g jar Cowbelle Sour Cream
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 4 baking potatoes
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, put on a baking tray and bake for 50-60 minutes, until crisp but soft inside.
3. Meanwhile, peel the onion and carrots and chop into small diced pieces.
4. Put a little olive oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion, carrots and the minced beef, cook until the meat is browned.
5. Add the chilli powder, herbs and cumin, season with some black pepper and cook a further few minutes.
6. Add the stock, chopped tinned tomatoes and the tomato puree.
7. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Drain the red kidney beans, add to the chilli, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Serve with the jacket potatoes and the grated cheese and sour cream on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi