Korean grilled chicken
- 240ml soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 heaping tbsp Korean chilli paste (recommended: Kochi Chang)
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (1.4kg) chicken, butterflied, cut into parts
- 4 (15cm) flour tortillas, warmed
2) Light a grill, making sure to include a zone of indirect heat.
3) Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it over the charcoal, skin side down. Grill until the skin is golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Relocate the chicken to the indirect heat zone, lower the cover and grill until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill to a cutting board and carve. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and serve wrapped in tortillas, if desired, with dipping sauce on the side.