- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 2.5kg lean minced beef
- 350g tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 15g fresh garlic, chopped
- 25g dark chilli powder, divided
- 1 tbsp ground cumin, divided
- 15g paprika, divided
- 1/4 tbsp sugar, divided
- 15g minced chilli pepper, divided
2) Stir in the tomatoes, onion, garlic and half of each of the chilli powder, cumin, paprika and sugar.
3) Simmer, covered, over a low heat for 2 hours, stirring often.
4) Add the remaining half of all the spices, the minced chilli pepper and season with salt to taste. Cook, covered, for 1 more hour.
5) Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.