Ultimate veggie chilli
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 395g extra-firm tofu, frozen and thawed
- 2 (395g) tins diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (795g) tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 (115g) tin diced jalapenos, drained
- 1 (115g) tin green chillies, drained
- 2 (395g) tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (395g) tin dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 60g frozen corn
- 50g whole roasted cashews
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the optional garnishes
- Sour cream
- Grated Cheddar
- Roasted cashews
2) Stir in the cumin, chipotle chilli powder and chilli flakes. Crumble the thawed tofu into the mixture and saute 5 minutes more.
3) Reduce the heat to medium. Add all the tomatoes, the jalapenos, green chillies, black beans, kidney beans, corn and cashews and mix well.
4) Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Garnish with sour cream, grated Cheddar, and additional cashews, as desired.