- 2 tbsp ground nut oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400 grams clams, washed
- 4 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp veg stock powder
- Steamed jasmine rice
- To garnish:
- 2 spring onion curls, julienned and plunged into iced water
- 1 small handful of coriander leaves and stems
1. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil, garlic, ginger and chilli and toss it together.
2. Add the clams, rice wine, season it with salt and pepper and add the steamed rice, toss it together and add enough boiling water to cover it. Cook it until the clams open, and then add the soy sauce.
3. Garnish with spring onion and coriander and serve with some chopped fresh coriander and chopped spring onion.