Char Siu BBQ Pork
In the box:
- Hoi sin sauce
- Black bean paste
- Soy and red miso sauce
- 300g pork fillet
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 300g pak choi
- 150g basmati rice, rinsed
From your cupboard:
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6. Using a sharp knife, make slashes along the pork fillet. Mix the hoi sin sauce and the black bean paste together in a bowl and marinade the pork in the mixture. Transfer the pork onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Pour 300ml of boiling water into a saucepan, add the rice and a pinch of salt and stir gently. Bring the rice to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and cook for 15 minutes or as per instructions on the rice packet.
3. While the pork and rice are cooking heat a frying pan with some olive oil. If you are using garlic add it to the oil now and fry for two minutes. Add the spring onions and pak choi and stir-fry till they begin to wilt (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and add the soy and red miso sauce. Stir through thoroughly.
4. Once the rice and pork are cooked, slice up the pork and plate up the rice, greens and pork according to your liking.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com