Chinese-Spiced Duck Salad
In the box:
- Chinese duck marinade
- Chinese five spice
- Hoi sin sauce
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce, leaves washed and chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely
- Small cucumber, sliced into whatever shape you like!
- 100g pomegranate seeds
From your cupboard:
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Place the duck breasts in a zip lock bag or bowl and add the Chinese duck marinade and Chinese five spice. Mix together well.
2. Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas mark 7. Place the duck breasts (include the marinade) skin side down on a roasting tray. Turn the heat down to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6 as soon as they go into the oven. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, start preparing your salad. Into a large salad bowl add the lettuce, cucumber, pomegranate, spring onions and optional avocado. Toss in a little olive oil and a little salt and pepper if you like.
4. Take the duck out of the oven and allow to rest for a minute or 2 on a chopping board. Then slice each breast as thinly as you like and mix through the bowl of salad.
5. Divide the salad between 2 serving bowls and drizzle the hoi sin sauce on top. Get stuck in!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com