Chinese-style Cod Fillet
A combination of fish and chicken stock cubes will enhance flavour without being overpowering.
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger
- 5 spring onions
- 1/3 of a deseeded red chilli (optional)
- 75ml Knorr Chicken Stock (made from Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, diluted according to packet instructions)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for oiling foil
- 25-50ml reduced salt soy sauce (to your taste)
- 9-10 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1/4 Knorr Fish Stock Cube
- 600g cod fillet, in one piece
- 50ml dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C fan, Gas Mark 7.
To make the sauce: peel and finely chop two-thirds of the root ginger. Cut two spring onions into fine, long shreds. Very finely chop the red chili. In a bowl, mix the ginger, spring onion, chilli, Knorr Chicken Stock and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add soy to taste and 4 sprigs of fresh coriander.
Crumble the Knorr Fish Stock Cube into a small bowl and mix with remaining oil to form a paste, Spread the paste over both sides of the cod fillet.
Oil a large sheet of heavy-duty foil on one side. Quarter the remaining spring onions and place in the centre of the foil. Cut the remaining piece of root ginger into 2-3 large slices and place over the spring onions. Top with the cod.
Bring the foil up and over the cod to form a sealed parcel. Leave a little opening at one end of the parcel and carefully pour in 50ml of dry white wine, then seal well.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked and the parcel is puffed up.
To serve, carefully cut the foil parcel in a line along the centre of top, beware hot steam. Peel back the foil and spoon the sauce over the fish, garnish with fresh coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Knorr