Chop-Chop Beef Stir-Fry
- 120ml fat-free beef broth
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 115g lean filet mignon or leanest cut available, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 150g broccoli, split into bite-sized florets
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
In a bowl, combine the beef broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
Season the beef with salt and thinly slice. Add to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
Bring a wok sprayed with non-stick spray to medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, scallions, and 60ml of the marinade from the beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until broccoli softens, about 3 minutes.
Add the beef and remaining marinade. Stirring occasionally, cook until beef is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve it up and season to taste with additional salt and garnish with sliced scallions, if using. Enjoy!
PER SERVING: 293 calories, 6.5g fat, 914mg sodium, 26g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 35g protein