Fruit Salad with Star Anise Syrup
Cinnamon, star anise and fresh mint turn fruit salad into something spectacular.
- 3 large pink grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 3 small oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 pommelo or white grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 8 fresh or canned lychees
- 1/2 large pomegranate, seeded, some set aside for garnish
- 60ml orange juice
- 60ml good-quality grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Prepare the fruit and chill in the fridge.
Just before serving, in a small saute pan, warm the maple syrup, orange juice, star anise and cinnamon and mix well to infuse their flavors. Remove from heat and chill in the fridge.
Just before serving, arrange the fruit into shallow dessert bowls, drizzle over the chilled syrup and sprinkle with extra pomegranate seeds and serve immediately garnished with fresh mint.