Mango and coconut pudding
A sweet coconut milk jelly topped with orange and cinnamon syrup.
- 425g fresh mangoes or tinned mangoes plus syrup
- 450ml tinned coconut milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 x 20g packet of leaf gelatine, soaked in water and then squeezed
- For the orange cinnamon syrup
- 50ml golden syrup
- 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 star anise
- 12 raspberries, to serve
- 4 sprigs of mint, to serve
- 1 small bowl of crushed pistachio nuts, to serve
1) Puree the mango (including the syrup if using tinned mangoes) in a blender. Transfer to a bowl and add the coconut milk and sugar, then mix well to dissolve the sugar.
2) In a measuring jug, measure 50ml (2fl oz) of hot water and add the soaked gelatine. Stir well to dissolve, then add to the mango and coconut puree and mix well.
3) Ladle the mixture into individual dishes, then place on a tray, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and set.
4)Meanwhile, to make the orange cinnamon syrup, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil to infuse the flavours. Stir well and then set aside to cool to room temperature before covering and transferring to the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
5) When ready to serve, pour 2 tablespoons of the syrup over each pudding, decorate each with 3 raspberries and a sprig of mint and allow your guests to sprinkle some crushed pistachio nuts over the top.
Ching's Fast Food is published by HarperCollins, priced £20.