Lyle's® Chocolate Chip and Orange Flapjacks
- 295g unsalted butter
- 150g Tate & Lyle® Fairtrade Dark Soft Brown Cane Sugar
- 110g Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- 500g Mornflake organic oats
- Pinch salt
- 2 medium oranges, zested, plus 3 tbsp juice
- 110g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces, or dark chocolate chips
- Tate & Lyle® Fairtrade Icing Sugar, to dust
- Cocoa, to dust
You will also need a 20cm (8”) shallow square loose-bottomed tin, greased and lined with parchment paper.
Combine the butter, Tate & Lyle® Dark Soft Brown Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup® in a large non-stick saucepan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and salt.
Tip into a bowl, add the orange zest and juice and then leave to cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, 350°F, Gas 4.
Stir in the chocolate and spoon the mixture into the tin, level and press firmly with a palette knife to smooth. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
Remove, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then mark into pieces whilst still warm. Cool, lift out onto a board, discard the parchment and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Place on a cooling rack. Lightly dust with the Tate & Lyle® Icing Sugar and cocoa and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Lyle's Golden Syrup®