Mixed Grain Salad with Blueberries and Maple Roasted Baby Carrots and New Potatoes
- For the maple-roasted potatoes
- 150g (5oz) pack baby carrots with green tops, scrubbed
- 400g (14oz) baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad
- 250g pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
- 100g spinach, rocket and watercress salad
- 100g blueberries
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Berries