Sesame Soba Noodles
- 1/2 pound soba, or whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small bunch spring onions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons mixed black sesame seeds and toasted white sesame seeds
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the soba and cook until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the edamame, carrots, spring onions and soba to the bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with the sesame seeds.