- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb courgette, sliced 1/4-inch thick, at an angle
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of Hungarian paprika
- For the Topping
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stem, lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Heat the oven to 175°C.
Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of courgette in the dish with an overlapping pattern in rows or a spiral in a pie dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
To make the topping: In a bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, Parmesan cheese and season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until all the breadcrumbs are soaked with the yellow tint of the oil. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dish and bake until the top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.