Red Velvet Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes
- 125g plain flour
- 250g Carnation Squeezy Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 85g buttery spread
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5-6 tsp natural red food colouring
- For the cream cheese frosting
- 200g icing sugar
- 55g butter, softened
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 85g full fat cream cheese
- Edible red glitter (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C, (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4.
Place the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
Spoon into the cupcake cases and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes until springy to the touch and golden brown. Cool slightly then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Beat the icing sugar, butter and vanilla with the condensed milk and cream cheese until very thick and creamy. Spread or pipe onto the cakes and sprinkle with edible glitter to decorate!
Recipe courtesy of Carnation