Aubergine Jungle Curry
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 30g grated galangal
- 3 bird's eye chillies
- 1 tsp of shrimp paste
- 10 Thai shallots, roughly chopped
- 4 green aubergines, quartered
- 100g pea aubergines
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 4 krachai fingers, thinly sliced
- 10 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp of grated palm sugar
- 2 fresh green peppercorn stems
- 25 stems of morning glory
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 12 whole cherry tomatoes
- 500ml of strong vegetable stock
- Handful of coriander and sweet basil
- Sticky rice to serve
1. Pound the garlic, galangal, chillies and shrimp paste into one combined paste.
2. Heat a large wok, add the oil and sauté the shallots until soft.
3. Add the aubergines and sweet potatoes then add the paste, krachai, lime leaves, palm sugar, green peppercorns and fish sauce.
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil then reduce the heat for 12-15 minutes until the aubergines and potato are tender.
5. After 10 minutes add the cherry tomatoes.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add the morning glory and cook for 2-3 minutes more, just enough to wilt slightly.
7. Serve with sticky rice and top with the chopped herbs.