Brandied curry chicken with grapes
- 45ml vegetable oil
- 2 skinless chicken legs and 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rounded tbsp. curry powder
- 45ml brandy
- 700ml double cream
- 375g seedless green grapes
- 150g egg noodles
- 3 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
2) In the same pan, add the remaining 15ml of oil, if needed, and saute shallots, garlic and curry. Deglaze with brandy, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add chicken back to pan and stir in heavy cream. Cover and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Add the grapes and noodles, return to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when poked with a fork. Stir in mustard and dill.
4) Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve immediately.