Easy Lamb Curry
- 1 tbsp Sainsbury's medium olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala by Sainsbury's
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon by Sainsbury's
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 390g carton Sainsbury's chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 400ml half-fat coconut milk
- 350g leftover roasted lamb, shredded
- 200g sugar snap peas, sliced on the diagonal
- 250g Sainsbury's long grain and wild rice
- 300g frozen very fine whole green beans by Sainsbury's
- 120g basics 2% fat natural yogurt
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and add the onion. Stir in the garam masala, turmeric and cinnamon, and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and stir to combine. Simmer for about 10 minutes before adding the cooked lamb and the sugar snap peas. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice and the frozen beans in separate pans to pack instructions.
Serve the curry with the rice, green beans and yogurt on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's