Sesame red curry chicken with bok choy and sweet coconut rice
- 900 g chopped bok choy
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 450 g skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 halves)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 115 ml reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 115 ml sake (rice wine)
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 60 g flaked coconut
- 450 g quick cooking jasmine rice
- 2 (400 g) tin light coconut milk
- 60 g freshly chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
1) Arrange bok choy and red pepper in bottom of slow cooker. Season 4 chicken breast halves all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of bok choy.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together broth, sake, sesame oil, ginger, and curry paste. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
3) In a small skillet toast flaked coconut on low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. To a medium saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and set pan over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in toasted coconut. Set aside 340 g for another recipe.
4) Spoon rice onto a serving platter. Top with chicken, bok choy, bell peppers and sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with coriander.