Sri Lankan Duck Curry
In the box:
- Garlic granules
- Sri Lankan curry paste
- Sri Lankan garnish
- 2 duck breasts, skin off, each breast cut into 4 chunks
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 100g basmati rice, rinsed
From your cupboard:
- Olive oil
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Heat the oil in a wok or a large heavy based pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the Sri Lankan curry paste and duck and fry for 3 minutes, until the duck is nicely browned.
2. Put the rice in a pan with 200ml cold water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
3. Meanwhile, add the courgette, coconut milk and garlic granules to the duck, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the duck is cooked. Add the Sri Lankan garnish and mix through. Then stir through the spring onion and optional coriander.
4. Serve the rice into bowls and top with the duck curry.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com