Sticky Toffee Pudding
To prepare the tray:
- 50g melted butter
- 50g brown sugar
- For the caramel sauce
- 200g demerara sugar
- 125ml double cream
- 50 butter
- For the pudding
- 225g dates, pitted
- 150g water
- 90g butter
- 3 eggs
- 270g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
For this recipe, you will need a Kenwood food processor.
1. Brush the loaf tin with melted butter then place the sugar into it.
2. Rotate the tin around until all sides are covered.
3. Invert the tin and tap the excess out and reserve in the refrigerator.
4. To prepare the caramel sauce, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. To prepare the pudding, place the dates with the water into a saucepan and cook until softened.
6. Allow to cool slightly.
7. Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
8. Add the dates and purée.
9. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until combined.
10. Fill the tin tray three quarters full, cover with greaseproof paper and tie on with a piece of string.
11. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes at 160ºC.
12. Turn out of the mould onto a serving plate and serve with the caramel sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood