A Trio of Springhill Deserts
- For the Blueberry and Apple Smoothie
- 1 punnet blueberries, reserve some for garnish
- 1 large apple
- Ice cubes
- Splash of milk
- For the mini fruit kebab
- 1 gala melon
- 1 pineapple
- A few strawberries
- A few grapes
- 2 kiwi
- 2 fruit skewer
- For the mini strawberry tart
- 1 cup plain flour
- 100ml of fresh double cream
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
- A few fresh strawberries
1. For the smoothie: Peel the apple and place in a food blender together with blueberries.
2. Add ice and milk and blend on a high speed until smooth.
3. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with blueberries.
4. Serve immediately.
5. To make the kebabs: Peel and cut fruit to size and place to one side.
6. Taking one piece of fruit at a time, place onto the skewers to form kebabs.
7. Alternate the pieces of fruit on the skewers.
8. Once all the fruit kebabs are ready, cover and place in fridge until needed.
9. To make the tarts: For the crust, preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly grease mini muffin tins.
10. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until an even crumbly texture. Spoon about a tablespoonful of the mixture into each muffin cup and press it into the bottom and up the sides. Bake these for 10 minutes, then cool before assembling.
11. Use a skewer to gently remove each tart shell from the tin. Stir the vanilla into the fresh cream to soften and then spoon or pipe the filling into each cup and then arrange a strawberry on top of each. Chill until ready to serve.