Bresaola with Radicchio and Tagliatelle in a Creamy Sauce
- 12 slices bresaola, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 head of radicchio, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 50ml double cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Pinch of black pepper
- For the pasta
- 300g type 0 flour
- 25g semolina flour
- 2 eggs and 5 egg yolks
- Sea salt
1. In a food processor, combine the two flours for the pasta, then add the eggs, egg yolks and salt bring it together. Knead the mixture until it forms a dough and chill it in the fridge for ½ an hour.
2. Roll it through a pasta machine and slice it into strips and dry the pasta for 2 hours.
3. In a heavy based frying pan heat the olive oil and garlic and add the sliced bresaola and chopped rosemary and cook it for about 3 minutes so the bresaola goes slightly crispy, then add the shaved radicchio and cook for another five minutes so the radicchio becomes wilted and tender. Squeeze the half lemon on top and stir it together. The radicchio will go scarlet in colour because of the lemon juice. Add the cream then check the seasoning.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the tagliatelle until al dente, then with a pair of tongs remove it from the water and combine with the radicchio with a few ladles of the pasta water.
5. Finish off with some lovely freshly grated Parmesan. Toss well and serve with some freshly ground black pepper and extra Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of Theo Randall