Kimchi Pork Belly and Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 pack (350g) fresh firm Asian tofu packed in water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 225g thinly sliced fresh pork belly, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 450g cabbage kimchi, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 spring onion, trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and sesame seeds
1. Cut the tofu in half and place in a pot. Pour in enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil, and then lower to simmer for about 3-4 minutes. Drain and then place on a cutting board and cut into 1-inch thick triangles. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, place a frying pan over a medium heat, drizzle in the peanut oil. Add the garlic and sliced pork and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes until pork is cooked through.
3. Add the kimchi and fry for another 3-4 minutes, being careful not to brown. Add the spring onions and soy sauce and toss through just to wilt. Drizzle with the sesame oil. Place the kimchi pork stir fry in the middle of a plate and arrange the tofu on the side next to it.
4. Garnish with fresh chives and sesame seeds and serve with rice.