Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil and Pancetta
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ounces pancetta, cubed very small
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold water. Season well with salt and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, add the pancetta and onions to a large frying pan.
Turn on the heat to medium-high, and saute until the pancetta is crisp and golden. Add the milk and season with salt and pepper. Heat until hot. Drain the potatoes well in a colander. Use a food mill to rice the potatoes into the milk mixture. Fold together the potatoes with the hot milk, olive oil and chopped parsley.