Parmigiano Reggiano, Pomegranate and Wild Rocket Salad
An intensely fruity cumin and Mandarin dressing perks up this leafy green side.
- 100g wild rocket
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 40g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Sprigs of lemon thyme, to garnish
- 20g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large Clementine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
1. Lightly toast the cumin seeds in a non-stick pan and quickly mix in the Clementine juice. Then, combine the remaining ingredients for the dressing and season to taste. Leave to cool.
2. Assemble the salad by placing a large handful of rocket on each of 4 serving plates. Scatter the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, pistachios and lemon thyme over each salad.
3. Drizzle the dressing over each salad and finish with freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Cook’s tip: The dressing for this salad can be prepared well in advance and benefits from a little time in the fridge, just make sure that you spend time perfecting the seasoning.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigano Reggiano.