Pesto Stuffed Lamb Chops with Courgette Pasta
- 12 lamb rib chops, fat removed and frenched
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- For the Stuffing
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 50g pine nuts, toasted and very roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- For the Courgette Pasta
- 800 g courgettes, spiralled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
1. Make a slit on the side prepared chops using a sharp carving or pairing knife.
2. Mix the garlic, pesto, salt and pepper together, and rub each chop on both sides.
3. Using a teaspoon mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff a teaspoonful in each chop. The roughly chopped pine nuts will give a surprise crunch.
4. Heat a large non-stick pan and add the oil until sizzling hot. Place the chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side or a medium or less if you like it more rare.
5. Cover with foil and set aside to rest until serving time.
For the Courgette Pasta:
1. Heat the oil and sauté the garlic.
2. Add the courgette spirals and cook for 3-5 minutes until just cooked - but not over cooked.
3. Strip the thyme leaves from their stems.
4. Season with salt and pepper; serve with lamb chops or any other alternative, and top with pine nuts and basil leaves.
Note: If you don’t have a vegetables spiraller, use a julienne peeler, or cut the courgettes into really thin slices and then cut in to long, thin strips.