Lamb Chops with Mint-Walnut Pesto
A robust walnut and mint pesto offers a playful twist on lamb and mint sauce.
- For the lamb
- 4 (170g) loin lamb chops
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp mint walnut pesto, recipe follows
- For the mint walnut pesto
- 20g walnuts
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 20g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 30g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 clove garlic, smashed
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2) Carefully lay the chops on the rack of the grill pan and grill, turning once about halfway through cooking. Approximate cooking times are: 7 minutes for rare, 8 minutes for medium and 9 minutes for well done. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
3) Divide the chops between two plates and spoon about 1 tbsp of pesto over each chop. Serve.
To make the mint walnut pesto:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, shaking occasionally to brown evenly. Leave to cool.
2) In a food processor, blend the nuts, mint, parsley, cheese, garlic and salt. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Transfer the pesto to a container, place a piece of cling film on the surface and refrigerate for up to three days.