Lime and Bitter Chocolate Cheesecake
- For the base
- 85g (3 oz) buttery spread, melted
- 250g (9 oz) shortbread biscuits, crushed
- For the filling
- 400g full-fat soft cheese
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- Finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- For the decoration
- 55g bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- 8 thin lime slices (optional)
- 55g icing sugar (optional)
Mix the biscuits with the melted buttery spread then press onto the base of the tin. Chill for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the soft cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add the lime zest and juice (watch it thicken!). Spoon the mixture over the base and chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and sides, then leave to set.
To finish, gently simmer the lime slices in a little icing sugar and water – there should be barely enough water to cover the slices. The syrup will reduce to a sticky coating on the limes. Transfer the lime slices to baking parchment to set before placing on the cheesecake.
Recipe courtesy of Carnation