Lyle's® Lemony Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes
- 185g unsalted butter, cubed, softened
- 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- 150g Tate & Lyle® Golden Caster Sugar
- 185g self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- For the frosting and decoration
- 110g full fat cream cheese
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- 1 1/2 level tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 40g Tate & Lyle® Icing Sugar
- Decorative sugar flowers
Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, Gas 4.
Combine the butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup®, Tate & Lyle® Golden Caster Sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest, juice and milk together in a bowl. Beat together with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute until soft and creamy.
Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen, golden brown and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup®, lemon curd and juice together in a mixing bowl. Sift over the icing sugar and briefly beat with an electric whisk until smooth.
Spread the frosting over the cakes with a small palette knife, decorate with the sugar flowers and chill for 30 minutes to firm up the icing, then enclose in the cupcake wrappers and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Lyle's Golden Syrup®