Beef Fajitas with Guacamole Salsa
- 1 Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 500g beef sirloin steak, no bone, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 red/yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 bottle of Old El Paso™ Cool Soured Cream Topping
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
1. In shallow baking dish, combine the taco seasoning mix with the 3 tbsp lime juice and honey.
2. Add the beef strips to the marinade and toss to coat, leave to stand for 15 mins at room temperature to marinate.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; tomatoes, avocado, red onion and lime juice . Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the beef and marinade – cook and stir for 2 minutes and take it out of the pan to rest.
5. Then put the onions and peppers in the pan with the cooking juices of the beef and cook and stir until tender crisp and add the beef to re-heat 1 minute.
6. Meanwhile, pierce the packaging on the soft flour tortillas and warm in the microwave for 35-45 seconds.
7. To serve, spoon the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, and then top with the fresh guacamole salsa and a drizzle of sour cream, then simply roll and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™