Halibut and chickpea salad
- For salad:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, stalk removed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas (chickpeas)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 45g rocket, chopped
- 1 head frisee lettuce, chopped
- For halibut:
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (170g) halibut steak
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Place a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Brush the halibut with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2) Griddle until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let the fish rest for a few minutes then cut into 2.5cm cubes.
For the salad:
1) In a large bowl, combine the frisee, rocket, tomatoes, chickpeas, and fennel.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the salad and toss to combine. Top with fish and serve.