Halloween spice cake
- Butter, to grease tin
- 210g plain flour, plus more for tin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 200g granulated sugar
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 160ml vegetable oil
- 85g unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Icing sugar, for dusting
2) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
3) In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, apple sauce, eggs, and vanilla essence to blend. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
5) Cool the cake for 10 mins. Unmould the cake and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and cut into slices for serving.