Soothing sweet potato soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1L water
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 15g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 3g fresh fenugreek leaves crushed in hands
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
2) Pour the grapeseed oil into a small frying-pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and cook for one minute and then add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and leaves, and the salt and pepper.
3) Cook the spices for about 30 seconds. Add the yam soup and mix until the spices are evenly distributed. Serve hot.