Traditional basil pesto isn't just for pasta - try it in sandwiches and soups.
- 30g walnuts
- 40g pine nuts
- 3 tbsps chopped garlic (9 cloves)
- 120g fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 350ml good olive oil
- 90g freshly grated parmesan cheese
2) Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is finely pureed.
3) Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute. Serve, or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.