Hungry Chick Chunky Soup
- 680g boneless, skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Dry salad seasoning
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (such as cannellini)
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 150g frozen peas
- 780ml fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus more, for serving
- 1 bay leaf
Evenly season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place the chicken pieces, onion, carrots, salad seasoning, white beans, stewed tomatoes, peas, chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, and bay leaf in the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook until chicken is fully cooked, on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Remove and discard the bay leaf. Remove the chicken pieces and place them in a bowl.
Shred each piece using 2 forks: one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, and stir into the soup.
Season the soup with 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste. Garnish with additional thyme, if using. Serve up and enjoy!
PER SERVING (about 240ml): 150 calories, 1g fat, 570mg sodium, 15g carbs, 4.25g fiber, 5g sugars, 20.5g protein